Adventure Nomad

Adventure Nomad

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

My High Energy Workout Playlist (Feb ’08)

I was surfing the other night and came across the playlist of Dean “Ultramarathon Man: Confessions of an All-Night Runner” Karnazes. I think Karno’s the bomb, but a lot of his tunes just blow.

I normally string together 5 or 6 high-energy tunes that motivate me when my legs are burning with lactate and I’m sucking down air like there’s no tomorrow. If one tune isn’t doing it for me, I just skip over to the next one. Then I’ll string in a couple of slower paced songs for recovery, and so on.

So, at great personal risk (after flaming Karno ;), I thought I’d share my own workout playlist. Here are the first 15 songs off my playlist.

Song, Artist
Promise, Eve 6
Be Yourself, AudioSlave
Into The Night, Santana ft Chad Kroeger
Days of the Phoenix, AFI
Reptilia, The Strokes
I'll Stop the World, The Cure
Wake Up (Make A Move), Lost Prophets
Dumpweed, Blink 182
A Favor House Atlantic, Coheed And Cambria
Megalomaniac, Incubus
She's The Blade, Sugarcult
Me Against The World, Simple Plan
I Believe, Blessid Union of Souls
Bleed American, Jimmy Eat World
Thunderstruck, ACDC

6 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...

Man, and I got all excited when I saw I had a comment on this post. I thought someone actually liked (or didn't like) the playlist. But, it just turned out to be more spam!

Unknown said...

Will check them out.

I go through phases of music, no music, song list, and also use the free bpm tracks on the fantastic http://www.djsteveboy.com

DJ Steve Boyett puts together an hour mix every week at a different BPM, though constant for that hour, and they are free to download (has a tip jar) Really good training tools and if you know your cadence it can be great to move it up a notch with a faster beat. he just started some interval tracks too.

My fave mix is the 174bpm - Presto Forte. Aggressive opening and dreamy ending.

have fun.

Unknown said...

Thanks Steph, I'll check that out!

Unknown said...

Awesome playlist. =D I personally love all of those songs, and I am also an avid runner. Most of those songs are in my top 25 most listened. =)

Anonymous said...

very useful post. I would love to follow you on twitter. By the way, did any one hear that some chinese hacker had hacked twitter yesterday again.
[url=http://amazon.reviewazone.com/]Paula[/url]