Adventure Nomad

Adventure Nomad

Thursday, May 21, 2009

Oops!... I Did It Again

I walked into the place where I regularly cut my hair and asked my hairdresser to take it off… Take it ALL off. Everyone’s eyes were on me (literally), and my hairdresser kept asking if I was sure.

“What’s the big deal? It’s only hair”, I thought, “It’ll grow back.”

Over the past year or so, I had grown my hair until it reached my shoulders. I thought I looked good with long hair, but I wanted a change. The last time I had my hair this short was when I enlisted in the army, 24 years ago.

Going... Going... Gone! Photos from my iPhone.

Sure, when I walked out, I was a little uncomfortable. It had been a while since I felt a breeze on my scalp ;o)

Change is usually uncomfortable, but change can also be good for you. It’s stimulating in many ways. We get comfortable doing the same thing, day in, day out, year after year… (You know where I’m going with this!), and that can stifle creativity.

It’s only a haircut, dammit!
Is it going to be permanent?
Nothing is permanent.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

It looks great! Change is good.

Unknown said...

Heh Heh...

It is liberating.

I no longer have to deal with stray hair drifting across my face, impeding my vision.