Adventure Nomad

Adventure Nomad

Thursday, October 6, 2011

Resistance is Futile

Camel and Handler at Sunset.  Nikon D300, 18-200mm, F/14, 1/400, ISO200.
Getty Images is one of the big players in the stock photography business.  however, their new contract terms have seen pay going down, and an increasing loss of control over how their images are to be managed.  This new contract has therefore met with a lot of resistance from photographers.

While I love making the images, I'm less enamored by the business end of things and have caved and signed the new contract with Getty Images to manage my stock photography collection on Flickr

I'm in the process of uploading the images to Getty, and getting releases resigned, and so it's going to be a while before I find out if this relationship is worthwhile.


1 comment:

Hayati Nuffus said...

What a beautiful picture Kenneth!