Adventure Nomad

Adventure Nomad

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

And Here We Go…

Well, I’ll be leaving tomorrow for a kayaking trip down the Pahang River in Malaysia. The photo above shows the group hard at work during the last meeting before the trip.

I’ll be bringing my Nikon D300, SB600 strobe, 10.5mm fisheye, 12-24mm, 50-150mm and a small tripod. In addition, my Sea & Sea DX-1G (aka Ricoh GX100 in an underwater housing) will come along for the wet shots.

This is going to be an exciting test for my photographic equipment. Kayaking down a river in a humid equatorial rainforest will be enough of a test, but the forecast for the next few days is for rain, rain, rain. Which means we’ll be wet, wet, wet.

I’m sure I’ll have lots to report when I get back in a week or so. Until then, take care.

Photo: Nikon D300, SB600, 12-24mm@12mm 1/8 f/4 ISO1600

2 comments:

robinb said...

Wow - I'm following you along :-)

http://blog.teamgearedup.com

(also tempted to go and try the VO2 session in Singapore)

Unknown said...

Cool blog!